Sunday 20 December 2009

quotes

A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B.
-- Fats Domino


Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
-- Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See"


As a matter of principle, I never attend the first annual anything.
-- George Carlin


Everybody hates me because I'm so universally liked.
-- Peter de Vries
J.F.K.--The Man and the Airport
           -- Unknown, Suggested book title

Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught.
           -- Sir Winston Churchill

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
           -- George Best

The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.
           -- John Kenneth Galbraith

The great tragedy of Science - the slaying of a beautiful hypothesis by an ugly fact.
           -- Thomas H. Huxley

Everybody tells jokes, but we still need comedians.
           -- Jimmy Wales, Keynote Speech, SXSW 2006


No comments:

Post a Comment